From Newton City Hall
A Winter Storm Warning is in effect from 4am Thursday February 9th through 12am Friday February 10th for all of southern New England.
A Snow Emergency will be in effect starting at 8am on February 9th in Newton, MA. Any cars parked on the streets or in municipal parking lots must be moved by this time or are subject to towing. We also strongly encourage all drivers to be off the road due to potential visibility issues.
Storm impacts include:
- Snow early in the morning commute, quickly becoming heavy.
- Snowfall rates of 1-2” per hour with snow thunder possible.
- Blowing snow could produce visibility of a quarter of a mile or less. Whiteout conditions possible.
- Possible downed tree limbs.
- Isolated power outages.
- Dangerous travel with snow covered roads.
Residents should be aware of the following information:
- Trash and recycling pick-up will be on a one-day delay due to the storm. Residents with a Thursday scheduled pick-up day should put their barrels curb-side Friday morning for pick-up. Residents with a Friday scheduled pick-up day should put their barrels curb-side Saturday morning for pick-up.
- Please check newtonma.govfor updates on the timing of the snow emergency, including the end time, or any additional information related to the storm.
- Any snow-related issues may be reported to the City by utilizing the online 311 reporting system at http://www.newtonma.gov/gov/311.aspor by using the 311 app.
- Please be reminded that City ordinance requires all residents to clear their sidewalk within 30 hours of the conclusion of the storm.
- Any power outages should be reported to Eversource at 800-592-2000.
- As always, emergencies should be reported by calling 911.