The League of Women Voters are presenting this meeting on Wednesday.
Next Steps for the Austin Street Proposal
January 14, 2015: 7:00pm – 8:30pm
West Suburban YMCA, 276 Church St., Newton 02458
Open to the public, but space is limited
The plans to create new housing and commercial space at the Austin Street parking lot in Newtonville have their origins in the City’s Comprehensive Planning process from the mid-2000’s. The Mayor, City staff, Board of Aldermen, and several citizen groups all advised on or passed ordinances on the project. However, the project has been paused for citizen input since the selection of a development partner last spring.
Austin Street partners will present an update on the project based on input from the community and further discussions from the City. They are ready to share these with the public.
Our speakers will be:
• Chris Steele – League of Women Voters Newton
◦ An overview of the Austin Street process to this point
• Scott Oran and Mark Dufton – Austin Street Partners
◦ A description of Austin Street Partners’ proposed plans
◦ A discussion of the expected process forward
• Sue Flicop – League of Women Voters Newton
◦ Discussion of the League’s views on process
◦ The League’s thoughts on benefits and concerns for the development
Questions will be collected in writing during the presentations to facilitate discussion.