The Newton Economic Development Commission (EDC) will be holding the first annual 2012 Business Excellence Awards ceremony Thursday, October 18, 2012at 6pm at the Newton War Memorial, 1000 Commonwealth Ave, MA.
“The Business Excellence Awards is one way we recognize the invaluable contributions our businesses make to the vitality and economic health of our City,” says Chris Steele, Chair of the EDC.
Mayor Setti Warren will be in attendance to present the awards to each of the winners. A cocktail reception, hosted by the EDC and Newton Pride, is open to the public.
Receiving awards that evening will be:
- Joel Kadis, The Citizen Champion Award
- Kenneth Brennan, Village Bank, The Villages Award
- Newton Cultural Alliance, The Community Business Award
- Mario Boccabella, Bocca Bella Café and Bistro, Auburndale Village Business Award
- Panera Bread, Newton Centre Village Business Award
- Seanna Gaherin & Robert Dunn, Dunn-Gaherin’s Pub, Upper Falls Village Business Award
- Annabelle Ship, Green Planet Kids, Newton Highlands Village Business Award
- Joe Prestejohn, Cabots Ice Cream & Restaurant, Newtonville Village Business Award
- David Marks, Stoddards Cutlery, Nonantum Village Business Award
- John and Karl O’Hara, Paddy’s Pub, West Newton Village Award
- Ted Tye, National Development, Lower Falls Village Business Award.
That evening the Jerry Adams Award will be established in memory of Jerry Adams, an EDC member who served for 9 years and contributed greatly to the advancement of economic development in our City.