Gail Spector’s class of Boston University journalism majors who will spending the semester reporting on Newton won’t meet for the first time until Tuesday.
But have you noticed that the Globe has already ramped up its Newton coverage?
Just this week, there’s been
- Two stories about the teachers contacts: Here and here.
- An article about the NewCal project
- An article about Criterion Development Partners proposed 40B in Nonantum
- Report about the theft of 15 guns from Newton.
- And this article that previously might have been the only Newton story the Globe would have covered this week.
Folks who still see the Newton TAB know that’s a lot more local journalism than was in this week’s edition, While it would be great to see if GateHouse Media rises to the occasion, I suspect that’s unlikely.