This just in:  The Health and Human Services Department has issued a public health advisory for Crystal Lake due to elevated amounts of algae. The algae blooms may produce toxins and can make people and pets sick if swallowed, have direct skin contact, or inhaled. Because they do not know if the algae is at harmful levels, the City is advising users to do the following:

  • Do not swallow lake water and be sure to rinse off after contact
  • Do not let your pet swim in or drink the lake water
  • People and pets should avoid contact in areas of large algae concentration, including the shoreline
  • If you observe algae bloom, do not swim, boat or fish

The advisory can be found here..







Pin It on Pinterest