Amy Sangiolo — 20-year City Councilor from Ward 4 — announced today that she is entering the race for Mayor of Newton. From her campaign website:
“My name is Amy Mah Sangiolo, and I’m running for Mayor of Newton. I am an attorney, an at-large City Councilor and this is what I’ll bring to the Mayor’s office:
- Open and transparent government
- Accessibility, responsiveness and accountability
- Advocacy for all our residents – to ensure excellence in education and programs and services for our youth and our seniors
- Deep appreciation of our unique villages and neighborhoods
- A drive to fulfill Newton’s potential to be at the forefront of environmental policy and affordable housing.
Newton faces important choices about the kind of city we want to be. For twenty years, I’ve been passionate about education, affordable housing, development, city finances, transparency and accountability in government, and the environment. My pledge to you is to energize, mobilize, and engage citizens as we consider the way forward to make Newton a leader in these areas.
In the coming months, I’ll be hitting the campaign trail, meeting many of you and listening to your issues and concerns. Together, we can build a better Newton. Please contact me with your thoughts and questions. See you on the trail!”