Winter Storm Warning will be in effect for Newton from 5am Tuesday March 14th – 2am Wednesday March 15th. We are expecting blizzard-like conditions during periods of time this afternoon.
A Snow Emergency will be in effect starting at 8am in the City. Any cars parked on the streets must be moved by this time or are subject to towing. We also strongly encourage all drivers to be off the road by 8am due to potential visibility issues.
Residents should be aware of the following information:
- Trash and recycling pickup will be on a one-day delay beginning Tuesday. Residents should put their barrells curbside by 7am the day after their regular pickup day.
- Residents are encouraged to check www.newtonma.gov for updates on the timing of snow emergencies, potential building closures and trash delays, or any additional information related to the storm.
- Any snow-related issues may be reported to the City by utilizing the online 311 reporting system at http://www.newtonma.gov/gov/311.asp or by using the 311 app.
- Please be reminded that City ordinance requires all residents to clear their sidewalk within 30 hours of the conclusion of the storm.
- Any power outages should be reported to Eversource at 800-592-2000.
- As always, emergencies should be reported by calling 911.