The Newton Charter Commission will hold its Neighborhood Area Councils review on Wed., 9/28 in Room 222 of City Hall, 7p.m.
There is a wide range of opinion about area councils, as we learned in our recent public hearing and panel discussion on September 14th. Questions that the Charter Commission members assigned to this subject identified after our discussion include:
- How should area council boundaries be created?
- Are they a valuable governmental body?
- Do they accurately represent their communities?
- What should their powers and functions include?
- How do they compare in purpose/efficacy to neighborhood associations?
If you can’t attend, as always you can reach the commission by email at [email protected] to share your thoughts.