On a Sunday night this past July the Nomad Story Slam moved to the Hyde Bandstand in the Highlands for its first ever outdoor slam. The theme was “summertime”. This one night event was part of the Hyde Center’s summer long amazing lineup of music, theater, movies and other entertainment at the bandstand.
Thanks to Maureen Reilly-Meagher, Walt Frankel and NewTV, we’ve just got edited video of the entire night’s program.
Here are the stories:
- Don Picard – “Tighty whities”
- Jerry Reilly – “World’s worse parents”
- Kate Mason – “Hippies and carnies”
- Mike Reilly – “The All-American Hamburg Grill Team Champion”
- Walter Frankel – “My summer job with the criminally insane”
- Rachel Greenberg – “My brother’s story”
- Jerry Reilly – “Curiosity killed the cat”
- Jim Emerson – “How to get a road built”
- Kate Carney – “A leap into the unknown”
- Sandra Olansky – “Second class, no A/C”
- Geoff Cohen – “Celebrity encounters”
Come join us this Friday, 7:30 PM at Gregorian Rugs for the next Nomad Story Slam.
Anyone can come, throw their name in the hat, and tell a story. The stories should be 5 minutes long, be true, and be connected to the night’s theme – “that’s when I knew this was a bad idea”.