Oh Newton, do I have plans for you!
The Arts Stroll & Shop hits three villages this Friday, December 13 through Sunday, December 15. There are 100 businesses and almost 200 artists and musicians collaborating to bring you an amazing weekend where you can Shop Local. Eat Local. Art Local. all in the same place. Show your support for our amazing community and its very special “natural” resources by coming out and joining the fun! The Stroll is hosted by the Newton Cultural Alliance and presented by THE STREET. More information is online at www.ArtsStrollandShop.com.
<——Hopefully you have seen these signs all around town.
This is the 3rd annual Arts Stroll & Shop and the first time it has been held in more than one village and over more than one day. Each day includes:
How will you know where to go and what to do? Attend any Stroll and pick up a Stroll Map which includes all participating businesses as well as pop-up gallery locations and performance + activity schedules.
Saturday, December 14, Noon-6pm
WEST NEWTON SQUARE
Sunday, December 15, Noon-6pm
Highlights in Participating Villages
THE STREET (Chestnut Hill): This is the Stroll’s first time at THE STREET. Your experience at THE STREET will be glamorous and high energy
Stroll Kickoff Party: Friday, December 13, 6pm-9pm, sponsored in part by Boston Magazine. Highlights at THE STREET include:
- Exclusive Stroll Heated Stations with complimentary sweets, hot beverages, savory bites, giveaways, and more on Friday!
- Photobooth on Friday
- Boston Magazine Ice Bar on Friday
- Arts & Culture activities
- Live indoor and outdoor performances by strolling
- Ceramics Sale from New Art Center on Saturday
- Demos by Pottery Barn, The Container Store, Davio’s Cucina, and more
NEWTON CENTRE: Newton Centre is the original Stroll location. Explore the fabulous boutiques and specialty stores, not to mention the delicious restaurants. This year you’ll find a larger-than-life snowman and parking meters transformed into lollipops in Newton Centre! Highlights here include:
- More than 30 artists from Newton Open Studios and Newton Art Association in Pop-Up Galleries, transforming empty storefronts
- Celebrations! Performance by New Philharmonia Orchestra, Boston Ballet School and All-City Treble Singers
- 40 participating businesses
- Community Strolling Sing-a-long at 4:30 (meet at the First Baptist Church)
- YMCA Creative Center for the Arts performances from 3pm-5pm
- Tastes, samples, sales, giveaways, and more!
WEST NEWTON: Another new Stroll location! I believe West Newton holds the title for Newton’s most creative (and funkiest) village. With shops like Hipstitch and Putting on the Knitz you can learn to create the beautiful products that stores like Artitudes and Morningsilver Gallery feature!
- Two Pop-Up Art Galleries at Hillman Homes and James A Ryan Insurance
- Caroling with Newton Community Chorus and Newton North Melocotones
- Suzuki School of Newton piano solo performances at Morningsilver Gallery
- Art and a side of coffee at L’Aroma
I hope to see you strolling this weekend! Have any questions? Ask them here! In the meantime, like Arts Stroll & Shop on Facebook for the most up to date information and sales & performance announcements.