Wow, cannot believe I forgot to post the Newton Culture Fix this week – especially since I’m playing in a great concert tonight! Here’s an abridged, and biased, edition! (For more events this weekend, click here)
New Phil is taking its musicians off the stage and into the showroom at Gregorian! This is the perfect date night – treat your sweetie, your bestie, or yourself! The event is “pay as you like” and all proceeds benefit New Phil’s 2012 Vision Fund campaign which was first created to support the future of New Phil and it’s Music for All mission.
If you attend, and I highly suggest you do, this is what your night will look like:
- Arrive at Gregorian Oriental Rugs. The gorgeous rugs immediately draw you in to the unique atmosphere. Oh look, there’s snacks!
- With your refreshments, you take a seat; maybe you choose to cozy up on a stack of those beautiful rugs – now you’re ready for the concert!
- Maestro Knudsen and the New Phil musicians greet you with music. You realize how nice it is to experience some of your favorite New Phil musicians in this “up close & personal” way!
- During intermission you sneak downstairs to view the Inspirational Families of Newton photo gallery.
- You return upstairs in time to say hello to the musicians (me!) as they take their place at the front. You sit back and enjoy the rest of the program.
- The program ends and it’s time for dessert! Join the Maestro and musicians in another showroom for bubbles and pastries. A delicious end to a wonderful evening!
The program includes selections from:
Tchaikovsky: Serenade for Strings
Bach: Brandenburg Concerto IV
Hovhaness: Prayer of St. Gregory
Corigliano: Three Irish Folk Song Settings
Mozart: Horn Quintet, Oboe Quartet and Clarinet Quintet
Between the lovely music, the unique setting, and the friendly atmosphere you are guaranteed to have a great time! This is New Phil’s last concert for the season – hope to see you there!