Three or four times a year the Newton Nomadic Theater runs a night of story telling called the Nomad Story Slam. Thanks to NewTV and our great video team (Chris Pitts, Maureen Reilly-Meagher, Walter Frankel, and Irina Slovtsova) we capture these stories on video. Here are the stories from Nomad Story Slam 8 (last April) – better late than never ;-).
The theme of the night was “trouble”. I kicked it off with a story of election shenanigans. Unbeknownst to me, later in the night, my wife (Marie Jackson) joined in with her side of the same story.
If you enjoy these stories from some of your Newton neighbors then come on down to Gregorian Rugs on Saturday Nov 19, 7:30 PM for the next Nomad Story Slam. The theme will be “that was odd“. So start working on your own story or just come on down to listen to stories. Tickets ($10) at NewtonNomadicTheater.org. It’s a great night and these story slams help support our theatrical productions.
- Jerry Reilly – Election Year Trouble
- Renata Aylward – Rust & Metal In My Eyes
- Jim Emerson – Christmas Coup
- Howard Cohen – Knives, Hatchets, and Rent
- Kate Mason – My Cowboy Escapee Outlaw
- Jerry Reilly – The Great Race
- Sheila Cline – NYC to Nashville
- Pat O’Reilly – Peace Corp in Nigeria
- Mike Reilly – The Chinese Wall
- David Polansky – Tantalina’s Revolver
- Marie Jackson – Birthday trouble (see story #1)
- Caitlin Langstaff – Home Birth, Hospital Birth, Home Birth …
- Bridgit Young – The Three Man Tent
- Kate Carney – A Death in Kashmir
- Robert Fitzpatrick – We Don’t Stay Where We’re Not Wanted
- Melissa Lucius – Drying the bathing suits
- curtain call