- Village 14 has about 25 contributors who can post items totally at their own discretion on whatever topic they choose.
In addition through, we encourage anyone to contribute a Guest Post on a topic of your choosing. To do so, just send it via email to [email protected] I’ll review it, I may/may not give you feedback and then post it under your name. It is totally at my discretion whether it is posted but in the unlikely event that I have any hesitancy to post it, I will contact you and communicate what my concerns are.
Note this Guest Post initiative is an experiment that will only succeed if it doesn’t become a personal time sink for me. So please keep any email back-and-forths to a minimum.
What to send:
- Your name as you want it to appear in the byline
- A title for the post
- The text.
- A graphic to go along with it (optional)
- It must be a Newton related topic
- The post should be the taking off point for a conversation by others if possible
- If you are posting on a topic that there are already other posts, don’t write it as a response to what someone else has written (that’s for the comments). Present your perspective and information as something that stands on its own.
- Your post can certainly take a clear position on a topic but all things being equal I think the best posts are not about communicating a specific viewpoint but introducing not-yet-discussed ideas for others to comment on. Save your strongest personal thoughts for the comments that follow.
- Personally I love whimsy, oddball topics, things I’ve never heard of before, fresh takes, new topics, the further afield the better so long as its Newton related.
- Leave your anger behind. No vitriol or anger in the post. You can never start a good conversation by yelling at someone.