The Newton Food Pantry URGENTLY needs volunteers for pre-bagging and client distribution days on Wednesday between 12-5:30. and pre-bagging of groceries on Monday and Tuesday, exact time to be determined. If you can do this AND meet the criteria below, please let Regina Wu, volunteer coordinator know as soon as possible: [email protected]
In order to volunteer you MUST meet the following criteria:
1. Be between the ages of 18 and 60, with no high-risk factors for COVID-19 (please see below for the list of criteria)
2. Complete an Newton Food Pantry volunteer application (http://www.newtonfoodpantry.org/wp-content/uploads/NFP-volunteer-form-Oct2018.pdf) and CORI acknowledgment form that must be notarized (i.e., bank) http://www.newtonfoodpantry.org/wp-content/uploads/NFP-CORI-Acknowledgement-Form-091018.pdf
3. Please email the volunteer coordinator, Regina Wu @ [email protected] with this information as soon as possible.
Who is most at risk for contracting COVID-19??
1. Older adults (over 65) and people who have chronic medical conditions like HIV, heart disease, diabetes, and lung disease have a higher risk of complications from COVID-19. For more information, visit the CDC’s page People at Risk for Serious Illness from COVID-19
2. Healthcare workers caring for patients with COVID-19 are at elevated risk of exposure.
3. Close contacts of persons with COVID-19 also are at elevated risk of exposure.
4. Travelers returning from affected locationswhere community spread is occurring also are at elevated risk of exposure (to date, the CDC has not listed domestic travel as a risk)
5. Anyone with respiratory symptoms (shortness of breath, cough) AND either fever or fatigue who ALSO has at least one of the following risk factors:
6. AGE 60+ years old OR
7. Presence of a chronic illness like: lung disease, heart disease, HIV/AIDS, or diabetes