Here are some highlights from the School Commitee’s email news:
There are no major cuts, and the budget proposal supports some program improvements.
Here are some key takeaways from the March 19th meeting:
- Assistant Principal positions are being added to Franklin, Mason-Rice and Angier.
- Reduction of 2 elementary classrooms/teachers based on enrollment declines. Class sizes will not increase.
- Addition of 0.5 Full Time Employee (FTE) at Day (Student Services administrator) and 0.5 FTE at Oak Hill (teacher)
- Five full-time teachers are being added to our High Schools due to enrollment increases.
- An additional 0.5 FTE math coach and purchase of materials to support the rollout of the new elementary math curriculum, Investigations 3.0, to all grade levels.
- One-time funds are being used to purchase 1,000 Chromebooks to be added to the current high school supply.