Back in November, the Newton Nomadic Theater held its 10th Nomad Story Slam one Saturday night at Gregorian Rugs. We invited anyone who wanted to come tell a five minute true story, about something that happened to them. The theme of the night was “that was odd” and these are the stories. This one was a highlight for me, and very timely too.
Here are 16 new stories (below) for your viewing/listening pleasure.
Special thanks to our video team – Chris Pitts, Maureen Reilly-Meaher, Chris Thayer, and James DeBenedictus – particularly Chris who edited it all.
The next Nomad Story Slam isn’t scheduled yet but will most likely be sometime in early March. Join our mailing list and we’ll let you know as soon as it is scheduled.
The Stories (click on titles):
- Jerry Reilly –The Summer of Wuv
- David Kingsbury – The Little Man
- Julia de Peyster – Street Vigilantes
- The crowd – one line stories
- Mike Reilly – A Man With a Plan
- Steffi Aronsonson Karp – E J’s Last Laughs
- Paul Walsh – Black Diamond Love
- Howard Cohen – The Beer Light
- Jordan Schwartz – 50 Calibers of Trouble
- Jerry Reilly – Rich Brother Richard
- Robin Dexter – Best Costume Award
- Francie Sparks – My Mother’s Burial
- Jen Kohl – Surprise wedding guests
- Hal Miller-Jacobs – Blessing from the Rabbi
- Halina Brown – Into the Unknown
- Robert Solomon – The rabbit and his theses ( not a story)
- Don Picard – Active Listening