The 41st Newton Highlands Village Day is this Sunday, June 12. The planning committee has been hard at work at bringing you a great event. Great live music on two stages, delicious food by Bread & Chocolate, O’Hara’s, Anna’s Taqueria, Newton Pizza House, Otake, Walnut Market, and Indulge! candy shop (celebrating their 25th with fun giveaways.)
- 5K Road race at 10am – sign up on line or on Sunday in front of the Hyde Center
- O’Hara’s Beer garden opens at 10:30am in Rodney Barker Sq in front of Bread & Chocolate
- Event opening at 11am (pretty cool opening involving a drummer and a juggler)
- Great jazz all day, featuring Dave Milazzo quartet. If you are a jazz musician, bring your instrument and sit in!
- Fun headline bands for young families, including Vanessa Trien, Stacey Peasley, and more
- Lots of local craft vendors
- Fleck Coffee tasting in front of their shop
- Silent auction at the Area Council table
- Brookline Bank Fun Zone in the parking lot near the Brigham House
- Magic shows near Green Planet Kids
- Juggling, free face painting, caricatures, arts and crafts
- Full schedule and complete info is on the web site’s main page
The weather will be great, so come on out and celebrate the neighborhood!